Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Sewer and Water Upgrade

The City contractor, Co X Co, was in today upgrading the sewer main and water service line to 1".  This is one of the mandatory service requirements for a new build, and one in my opinion, that most people should do even in a major renovation.  The old style drains were pretty bad, and the default 1/2" water line does not have sufficent water pressure by today's standards.  

It was a messy job today - with the ground water being so high in the neighbourhood, the guys had a hard time.  We had some neighbour unrest as well, which is never an easy situation, but I smoothed it over as best I could (so far my plumber has visited her twice and I have had guys attending to various small requests in order to keep her happy).  Building is a very disruptive thing, so I'm making the best effort possible to keep things neat and orderly - but it's still construction.



No comments:

Post a Comment